It's a terrible thing to get spammed by people who are actually in your address book, worse still when it looks a lot like they didn't read what they forwarded on beforehand, or at least didn't consider the content and whether it had any credibility. I like to think that this is because they know I, on their behalf, will cast a critical eye and comment on the matters at hand. I'm going to anyway.

So, you know the drill... these lil arrows >> indicate that the text is the forwarded message, commentary in italics.

>> > This is a true story

This is a RED FLAG everyone! Any body of narrative that starts with the words 'This is a true story' generally is about as far from the truth as unicorns sitting in wait on crocks of gold at the end of the rainbow, waiting for unsuspecting leprechauns to meander their way.

Anyway, on we go into the abyss of fantasy.


> >
> >
> >
> > Last month I attended my annual training session that's
> > required for maintaining my prison security clearance.

Note: the presentation described below focuses on cultural diversity and presumably tolerance of said diversity. True, training days can include sessions on an array of useful topics, but I'm intrigued by the choice given that this is a prison security clearance training session.

This could be a particularly forward thinking prison, who provides training to the prisoners I suppose.


> >
> > During the training session there was a presentation by
> > three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim
> > faiths, who explained each of their beliefs. I was particularly
> > interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say.

Here is the start of the problem - "Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim" - seemingly all Muslim faiths are the same, whilst all Christian faiths are not.

One hopes that the particular interest in the Imam's presentation was to do with embracing cultures different to our own and trying to understand a little more about others.

Alas how quickly one's hopes can be dashed.


> >
> > The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of
> > Islam, complete with a video.
> >
> > After the presentations, time was provided for
> > questions and answers.
> >
> > When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam
> > and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most
> > Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against
> > the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a
> > command to all Muslims) & in turn they are assured of a place in heaven.
> > If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?" There
> > was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation,
> >

Hesitating on the Imam's behalf here, is it just me, or does this seem like an arrogant, scathing attack on someone who was kind enough to speak at a training event for prison staff, who are mostly white and could, based on this evidence, very much do with a good education on these matters?


> > He replied, "Non-believers!'"

(And no doubt thought "Especially idiots like you.")
> >
> > I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this
> > straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who
> > is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven.... Is that
> > correct?'"

Your Honour, he is leading the witness. Ah now, there's another group who generally get a raw deal - in fact Jehovah's Witnesses used to be public enemy number one around here, until a few incidents involving specific individuals of Islamic faith and of course that means they're all terrorists.

Incidentally, Jehovah's Witnesses believe in Jesus, the son of God. For most 'Christians' that loosely approximates to same thing, like Muslim = Osama Bin Laden.


> >
> > The expression on his face changed from one of
> > authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught
> > with his hand in the cookie jar.' He sheepishly replied,....'Y e s.'

Or perhaps someone who was trying really hard not to punch the living daylights out of their interrogator.

> >
> > I then stated, 'Well, I have a real problem trying to
> > imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith
> > or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to
> > guarantee them a place in heaven!'

OK, so my knowledge on ecumenical matters doesn't quite extend as far as to document the thousands of years of bathing in blood that Catholics and Protestants have to back them up, and that's just what they do to each other, never mind the Crusades, the rape of Turkey, Henry VIII changing his religion only slightly less often than his spouse and definitely more often than his underwear.


> >
> > The Imam was speechless!

Hoping that the plank in the uniform would stop if he didn't provoke him.
> >
> > I continued,
Darn, that failed then.
'I also have a problem with being your
> > 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to
> > kill me!
> >
> > Let me please ask you a question. Would you rather have
> > your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to
> > heaven,..... or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to
> > heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

My Jesus. MY Jesus?

And you think you're going to heaven?

> >
> > You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam remained
> > speechless.
> >
> > Needless to say, the organizers and promoters of the
> > 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with this way of dealing
> > with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

Alternatively, the organisers were devastated that their session on Diversification had been hijacked by a faith terrorist and apparently failed to teach anything useful about diversity at all.
> >
> > Within twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters
> > in the U.K. (assuming that the patterns of immigration continue to follow the same trend and that all children of Muslim immigrants continue to follow their parents' faith) to elect a government of their choice (and again assuming they all choose to vote), complete with sharia
> > law (AND they vote for Muslim candidates, overthrow the House of Lords and sidestep the Queen who is sovereign) - there's also no full stop at the end of this sentence. I think everyone in the U.K. should be required to read this, but with
> > the Liberal justice system, liberal media and political correctness
> > madness, there is no way this will be widely publicised.

I agree - everyone should read this - along with Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs, Hansel and Gretel...
> >
> > Please pass this on to all" your e-mail contacts."

I didn't.

> >
> > xxx xxx MBE. MIDSc Impressive - letters after the name, but I've removed that just in case. But an MBE? I think I got one of those in a Christmas cracker or a Kinder egg once.

> > This incident happened in
> > London

But it could have been anywhere really, and does it matter? Just because it originated in our 'great' capital city, does that make it more credible, urgent or otherwise justification for ignorant racism?

I'd emphasise the word 'ignorant' but I'm already in italics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT Pride: A Roundtable Discussion

Fat Rage!

Reunions - Josh and George: Stating the Obvious #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQ