#WIPpet Wednesday - The Making Of Us (Over Eager) #amwriting

WIPpet numbers for 29th March, 2017:
29th of the third month = 293 words from The Making Of Us (Checking Him Out Book Four)

WIPpet Context:
Another snippet from The Making Of Us. You can read the others here.

The Making Of Us is the fourth book in the Checking Him Out series, but it’s a stand-alone story about friendship, love and romance—LGBTQIA, with the emphasis on the B, Q and I.

The main characters are Jesse and Leigh, who first appeared in Taking Him On (Book Two), which is Noah and Matty’s story.

The Making Of Us is first-person, told from Jesse’s perspective.

This snippet is the morning after Jesse and Leigh’s first ‘date’.

* * * * *
“What are your plans for today, then?” Mum asked. “Seeing Leigh, I suppose?”

“I hope so. We didn’t arrange anything, but I might suggest we go for a walk or something. What’s the weather forecast?” I had my phone in my pocket, so I could’ve checked for myself, but my mum would know without looking.

“More of the same. It’ll break tomorrow.”

“Good,” I said, and not for the delight of basking in another day of ‘Indian summer’. I hated being so hot and sticky, especially at night. Especially when my head was already full of stuff that kept me awake.

Mum got up and took her cup over to the sink. “I’m going for a shower.”

“OK.” That was fair warning not to use the taps or flush the loo until she was done. I watched her leave and then took out my phone, planning in my head what I was going to say to Leigh. Hey, what are you up to today? No, that sounded like ‘if you’ve got nothing better to do’. Hey, I’d love to meet up today, maybe go for a walk?’ Hmm…better. …maybe go for a romantic walk. But Leigh had beat me to it.

Hi Jesse! Thanks for coming with me last night. I really enjoyed it, and being with you! Wanna come over? Or have you got loads to do today? It’s OK if you can’t. x

With shaking hands—and, for the first time ever, gratitude for autocorrect—I typed back: Hey Leigh. Thanks for inviting me. It was awesome. I’d love to come over – was thinking we could go for a walk together? Maybe? What time is good for you? I stopped short of saying ‘I could leave now’ and finished with ‘x’.
* * * * *
What is WIPpet Wednesday?

WIPpet Wednesday is a blog hop where authors share from their current works in progress - expertly organised/hosted by Emily Witt - and the excerpt has to relate to the date in some way. For links to other fabulous authors' WIPpets, visit: http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=355404


Thanks for reading
Deb x

Comments

  1. You left me intrigued about the walk. Cute convo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my writing agenda for today! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, he's just too cute. I love the nervous fumbles and wanting to see Leigh but not wanting to seem pushy or too eager. Good thing Leigh seems to have it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. He's still so 'OMG OMG I can't believe this is happening!' :)

      Delete
  3. Aw, he's so adorable and fumbly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole time I'm writing, I just want to climb in there and give him a hug. :)

      Delete
  4. Awwww, I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so adorkable - it kills me. I was giggling the whole entire time I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT Pride: A Roundtable Discussion

Fat Rage!

No Filter - Loaded Banana #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQIA