Reunions - snippet 6 (Josh and George) #RainbowSnippets

Rainbow Snippets is a group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation (no spoilers please!).

In this group you'll find anything from romance and historical fiction to mystery and YA. The common thread is that every story's main character identifies as LGBTQ+. The snippets could range from zero flames to full-on sexytimes, anything goes content-wise. The only rule is snippets will be 6 sentences long–one for each color in the Pride flag.

* * * * *

I missed last week's Rainbow Snippets - no time. :( But I've made sure I made time this week. :) Here's another snippet from Reunions (Hiding Behind The Couch #7). The scene from which this is taken features George and Josh again. It's Sunday morning, and they're about to head next door but one - to Sean's house - for an Ulster fry.

Here's the snippet:
Josh sniffed. "You're wearing my aftershave."

"Ah, yeah. I picked up the wrong one, sorry."

Josh moved closer and sniffed again. He narrowed his eyes. "Why does it suit you better?"

"You don't know that."

"I like it more on you than on me."

"You like the smell of the stables on me, so that means nothing."
Reunions will be out around Christmastime...

You can also read about Josh and George in pretty much any Hiding Behind The Couch book, but if you wanted to shortcut and just read about their relationship (spoilers for the series up to Season Three), then there's Chain of Secrets - a stand-alone gay (M/M) romance novella.

Thanks for reading,
Deb x

Comments

  1. ROFL! I love that last line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is going to bother Josh all day, isn't it? Does the subject come up again? I mean, not necessarily in the text of the story, but I can imagine them finally getting done with the day, and George wants to sleep (or whatever)...and Josh just *has* to make another comment about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You know him far too well. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, my...(chortles) Talk about confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT Pride: A Roundtable Discussion

Fat Rage!

Reunions - Josh and George: Stating the Obvious #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQ