Reflections in brief:
- I've just hit 60k words, which is quite awesome.
- I plan to write 75k words, but it's not set in stone.
- That usually means somewhere around 100k words, but I don't think that will happen this time.
- There again, I didn't think it would happen last time.
- Some characters are chattier than I anticipated, which is nice. I think.
- And there are too many of them (see below).
- Word clouds are an excellent (if not distressing) way to see which words should not be in there as much as they are.
- Trying to write to a genre is one of the greatest constrictions on my creativity.
- I am no longer writing to a genre.
- I don't care.
Gray Fisher - ex DCI running the SIU. Now a PhD student and part-time lecturer / TV extra
Will Richards - ex investment banker, animal rights activist, vegetarian, surfer
Rob Simpson-Stone - PC / DC
Naomi Tanner - slim, tall, well-dressed, separated from Aaron Tanner
Aaron Tanner - slob in designer suits, director of Berringer’s bank - the techie
DCI Martina Hedley - Rob's previous boss, before he went to undercover
Chief Inspector Greg Petridis - Rob's uniform boss
DI Dom Hooper - new head of SIU
Josh Sandison-Morley (who?)
Thirdary (yeah, I made it up):
Zoë - Rob's ex-wife
Travis - Zoë's current BF
Lucas - Rob's 7yo son
Becky (Gray’s sister)
Gray's mum (possibly, if I don't kill her off first)
Other important people (human or otherwise):
Frederick (Freddie) Berringer
Carrie Duggan (the language specialist)
Hector Laird-Browne (Naomi's lover)
Will’s dogs and other animals
Jon, Micky and Tie - live on farm
Lord Berringer - Freddie's father
Aunt Cathy - Rob's aunty
JJ - Rob's brother
Tanya - Rob's sister
Shammy - lives on the floor above Rob
And here is a Word Cloud in the shape of a star (not quite so random as it seems):
Made using WordClouds.com
The WAG and The Scoundrel is scheduled for an October release and is available for preorder on Beaten Track Publishing.
Thanks for reading,