The Making Of Us - Meet Jesse #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQIA

Brief explanation:
I finished writing Reunions on Wednesday. Phew! It finished up at 237,000 words, and you can read the final snippet (posted on WIPpet Wednesday) here: http://deb248211.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/wippet-wednesday-reunions-josh-and-sean.html. Reunions is available to preorder and will be published on 19th April, 2017.

So…this is the very first snippet from The Making Of Us!

This is the fourth book in the Checking Him Out series, but it’s a stand-alone story about friendship, love and romance—LGBTQIA, with the emphasis on the B, Q and I.

The main characters are Jesse (Noah’s best friend) and Leigh (Noah and Matty’s new housemate).

So, without further ado, I’d like to introduce you to Jesse. :)

Here’s the snippet:
Some days, I wake up thinking…so what? I’m a fatty. Get over it. I put on my Big and Tall jeans—impossibly enormous, with an invisible diamond section in the crotch so they don’t split—and stride out with pride, shoulders back, ready to take on the world. Other days, I wake up determined that today will be the day I start my diet, follow the exercise plan Matty typed out for me, get fit, lose weight, turn into Jesse Thomas the beefcake, tall, dark, handsome…

It usually lasts until lunchtime, when I give up in favour of silencing the embarrassing rumble in my belly.

That was the mood I was in that morning, motivated by having not succumbed to the temptation of last night’s dinner.

* * * * *

Rainbow Snippets is a group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation (no spoilers please!).

In this group you'll find anything from romance and historical fiction to mystery and YA. The common thread is that every story's main character identifies as LGBTQ+. The snippets could range from zero flames to full-on sexytimes, anything goes content-wise. The only rule is snippets will be 6 sentences long–one for each color in the Pride flag.

* * * * *

Thanks for reading,
Deb x

Comments

  1. Oh my! Been there: done that...again...and again...and again. I feel your pain Jesse :D Love this character already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks, huh? I'm hoping I can get Jesse right. He's a lovely guy. :)

      Delete
  2. Forgot to actually comment on the post, LOL.

    I think I would absolutely *destroy* any "friend" who typed up a fitness plan for me (unless I asked them to). I'm hoping Jesse actually asked, because I thought Matty had a better grasp on boundaries than that. Noah...well, I could see him do that uninvited. *cringe* Sorry! Eesh...I can tell already that this one is going to hit me *right there*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Matty wouldn't have done it unless Jesse asked for it, or at the very least hinted at it. LOL at Noah. :D You'll be glad to know he doesn't even see Jesse's weight as an issue.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah. :( I think he'll do OK, though.

      Delete
  4. I can so relate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. All the more important I get this portrayal right, eh? Lots of us know this feeling far too well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT Pride: A Roundtable Discussion

Fat Rage!

Reunions - Josh and George: Stating the Obvious #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQ