The Making Of Us - Falling Deeper #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQIA

Brief explanation:
I’m switching back to snipping from The Making Of Us for a couple of weeks, as the book is out on June 20th. :)

Preorder Links:
Beaten Track [Paperback]Beaten Track [eBook]Amazon [Kindle Edition]Smashwords [eBook]Barnes and Noble [eBook]Kobo [eBook]

You can read previous snippets here. The cover’s also changed slightly since I last snipped.

The Making Of Us is first-person, told from Jesse’s perspective. In this scene, Jesse is sitting with Leigh on Leigh’s bed, and they’re having a deep conversation about Leigh’s family. Jesse’s ‘dream come true’ is in this snippet, which I posted a while back.

Here’s the snippet:
“My feet probably stink. Sorry.”

I leaned down and sniffed the one closest to me. “They don’t,” I assured them, as what I’d dreamed of—was it only three weeks ago?—became reality without me really thinking about what I was doing.

“That feels nice.” Leigh sighed and smiled, looking a bit dopey. “You realise if you keep doing that, I’ll fall asleep?”

“I know my way out.”

I continued massaging, not applying any real pressure, enjoying the contact and the effect it was having on Leigh. Their breathing slowed and deepened, and I thought they had actually gone to sleep until they spoke again.

“Is it a good time to tell you about my mum and everything?”

* * * * *

Rainbow Snippets is a group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation (no spoilers please!).

In this group you'll find anything from romance and historical fiction to mystery and YA. The common thread is that every story's main character identifies as LGBTQ+. The snippets could range from zero flames to full-on sexytimes, anything goes content-wise. The only rule is snippets will be 6 sentences long–one for each color in the Pride flag.

* * * * *

Thanks for reading,
Deb x

Comments

  1. Ahhh, love getting a foot rub! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) If only I could persuade my SO to do so more often...

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that the stinky foot fear tiptoed its way into this sweet snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks. Mind you, 25 years into a relationship you get past caring. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this scene. :)

    I do not, however, like feet. No matter how not-stinky they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of feet - I have horrible runners' feet :( But this is a sweet scene. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT Pride: A Roundtable Discussion

Fat Rage!

Reunions - Josh and George: Stating the Obvious #RainbowSnippets #LGBTQ